Royal Dock of Deptford Navy Strength Gin.
This very gin was supplied to both the Royal Navy and trade from 1863.
It was delivered to the Royal Dock in Deptford in South London on the River Thames. The dock was established in 1513 by Henry VIII. It was the largest of the Navy’s Food and Drinks headquarters with London being the largest port in England and other smaller ports in Gosport and Plymouth. Gin along with Rum was an essential part of the cargo.